13 May 2019: On June 6 2019, the Financial Times will host the second annual FT Future of News conference in New York City at the Park Hyatt New York.
This full-day event, programmed by FT’s news editor Matthew Garrahan, will gather top media and advertising executives, editors, academics and technology leaders to discuss the risks and opportunities facing the industry in an unprecedented era of disruption, including trust and transparency, the struggle to clamp down on the use of fake news, and what the polarisation of American politics means for media.
Speakers and moderators include (in alphabetical order):
- Marty Baron, Executive Editor - The Washington Post
- Samantha Barry, Editor-in-Chief - Glamour
- Rebecca Blumenstein, Deputy Managing Editor - The New York Times
- Joanna Coles, Board Director - Snap
- Kevin J. Delaney, Editor-in-Chief and co-CEO - Quartz
- Heather Dietrick, CEO - The Daily Beast
- Ken Doctor, President - Newsonomics
- Ken Fisher, Founder, Executive Chairman, and Co-Chief Investment Officer - Fisher Investments
- Steve Forbes, Chairman and Editor-in-Chief - Forbes Media
- John Gapper, Chief Business Commentator and Associate Editor - Financial Times
- Janine Gibson, Editor, special projects - Financial Times
- Sarah Glover, President - National Association of Black Journalists
- James Goldston, President - ABC News
- Radhika Jones, Editor - Vanity Fair
- Trevor Kaufman, CEO - Piano
- Jason Kint, CEO - Digital Content Next
- Peter Lattman, Managing Director, Media - Emerson Collective
- Don Lemon, anchor and correspondent - CNN
- Rob Norman, Senior Advisor - GroupM
- Noah Oppenheim, President - NBC News
- David Pemsel, CEO - Guardian Media Group
- David Remnick, editor - The New Yorker
- John Ridding, CEO - Financial Times
- Hayley Romer, Publisher and Chief Revenue Officer - The Atlantic
- Nathalie Sajous, Director, US News and Publishing, Global Partnerships - Google
- Nick Sallon, Head of US News Partnerships - Twitter
- Ben Smith, Editor-in-Chief - BuzzFeed News
- Josh Tyrangiel, Executive Vice President - VICE News
- Peter Spiegel, US managing editor - Financial Times
- Jason White, Director, North America, News Partnerships - Facebook
- Susan Zirinsky, President - CBS News
*More speakers to be announced
Follow along on Twitter at: #FTFutureNews.
More information about the conference, including the full agenda, can be found here.
Members of the media who wish to attend must apply for credentials here and may be asked to submit a letter of assignment from an editor.
Park Hyatt New York
153 West 57th Street
New York NY, 10019
Tel: +1 646 774 1234
For more information please contact:
+1 347 213 1944
About the Financial Times
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. The FT has a record paying readership of one million, three-quarters of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.