© The Financial Times Ltd 2017 FT and 'Financial Times' are trademarks of The Financial Times Ltd.
WASHINGTON, DC: 18 April 2013: The Financial Times joins forces today with the Bertelsmann Foundation for its 5th annual financial conference, “System Upgrade: Time for a global economic re-boot”. This year’s event will focus on the need for policymakers worldwide to take robust action to ensure a stable international fiscal and financial environment to spur global economic activity and growth.
Topics to be discussed include:
- State of the US economy
- Jobs, growth and innovation
- A trans-Atlantic compact
- Global financial governance
- The eurozone crisis
As in years past, the event will bring together high-ranking, international representatives of government, business and labor, as well as thought leaders from the think-tank and academic communities, to discuss global challenges. Featured speakers include:
- Ali Babacan, Deputy Prime Minister for Economic and Financial Affairs,Turkey
- Anders Borg, Minister forFinance,Sweden
- Mauricio Cárdenas Santamaría, Minister of Finance and PublicCredit,Colombia
- Jeroen Dijsselbloem, Minister of Finance, TheNetherlands and Chairman, Eurogroup
- Keith Ellison, US Congressman (D-MN)
- Carly Fiorina, Good360 Chairman and former HP CEO
- Colleen Hanabusa, US Congresswoman (D-HI)
- Robin Harding, US Economics Editor, Financial Times
- Ed Luce, Chief Washington Commentator, Financial Times
- Pierre Moscovici, Minister of the Economy andFinance,France
- Tim Pawlenty, President and CEO, The Financial Services Roundtable and former Governor,Minnesota
- Robert Romasco, President, AARP
- Gillian Tett, Assistant Editor and Columnist, Financial Times
- Paul Volcker, former Chairman of the Board of Governors, US Federal Reserve
You can live stream the conference from 8:30am-4:30pm EST at http://www.bfna.org/ and follow the conversation on Twitter at #bertelsmannfdn. Video will also be available after the conference.
Visit here for the full agenda.