The FT Group performed well in the Pearson 2012 results, with revenue growth up 4% year on year to £443m. Digital and services now account for 50% of FT Group revenues, up from 31% in 2008. Content revenues comprised 61% of total revenues, up from 48% in 2008, while advertising accounted for 39% FT Group revenues, down from 52% in 2008.
- The FT’s total paid circulation was more than 602,000 across print and online, modestly up on 2011, with digital subscriptions exceeding print circulation for the first time. Digital subscriptions increased 18% to almost 316,000.
- Mobile devices now account for 30% of FT.com traffic and 15% of new subscriptions. FT Web App now has 3.5 million users.
- The FT now has almost 2,800 direct corporate licenses, up 40% on 2011.
- FT Live, our events business, continued to grow strongly delivering more than 200 events that attracted over 17,000 delegates.
- Educational services are an important area of expansion. The FT Non-Executive Director Certificate was attended by over 150 candidates. FT Newslines, an annotations tool on FT.com is now being used at many business schools.
For more details, please read the full press release .