As the RHS Chelsea Flower Show gets underway next week, FT Weekend is celebrating with a special issue.
FT House and Home editor, and Chelsea gold medal winner in 2010, Jane Owen, takes a look at glorious gardens in London and Cornwall.
Other features include:
- Andy Sturgeon, winner of Best in Show last year, on the voluptuous fudge and compromise that makes English gardens popular from Korea to Connecticut.
- Matthew Wilson, TV’s Landscape Man and the Colin Firth of the garden world, gives us his antique embellishments.
- Tom Stuart-Smith, winner of eight Chelsea gold medals, explains why he’s made a London garden indoors.
- James Alexander-Sinclair talks to Dr Nigel Dunnett, the brains behind this year’s rain garden by the Royal Bank of Canada.
- Ann-Marie Powell, designer of this year’s British Heart Foundation garden, makes her pick of the show from nick knacks from ride-ons.
- Robin Lane Fox, visiting the show for the 46th time, with his acerbic observations on Chelsea fashion.
- Master rosearian Michael Marriott on what makes the finest roses in the world.
- Craig Sams suggests how to give your compost oomph.
- Margarete Akom talks about life in the sub-Saharan rainforest since meeting The Queen at Chelsea last year.